Island Business Opportunity
Kayak Ken will soon retire. He has enjoyed guiding for 21 years, the last 14 on Beaver Island. It has been pretty much a one-man show with extra help with large groups.
Ken does eco-tours in recreational kayaks, rents recreational kayaks, and does sea kayak instruction and trips from 1/2 day to multi-day to the outer islands. He also hosts astronomy nights, map and compass classes, survival training, and just about anything "outdoors."
"I would love to see someone take over this business because kayak adventures have been a big part of many visitors' vacations. I do not want to let them down."
With its 14 year history on Paradise Bay, Inland Seas Kayaking is part of summer on Beaver Island.The groundwork has been done and the business is established, providing a unique opportunity.
The business includes:
- 8x12 building, affectionately known as "The Kayak Shack."
- outdoor Storage Racks for Kayaks
- 7 Sea Kayaks (1 double)
- 8 recreational kayaks (1 double)
- 98 Chevy Astro van for pulling trailer
- trailer for kayaks
- wet suits from Youth to XXL
- lifejackets (all sizes)
- paddling jackets (all sizes)
- spray skirts
- tents, tarps, rope
- sleeping pads
- cooking gear
- tow ropes and other misc. kayak gear
- repair equipment
- misc. office equipment and inventory
Please call Ken at (231) 448-2221 or (231) 838-1290 for more details.